[gate-users] UMASS GATE INSTALL GUIDE

Angela M K Foudray afoudray at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 29 22:07:55 CEST 2004

I have found, when I have gotten this error, it's because I haven't
setenv the CLHEP variable, and that the CLHEP/lib isn't in my library
path.  I have CLHEP in /usr/src/, so this is what that section of the
file that I source to define my environment variables (i.e. the
following lines are in my /usr/src/gate/env_gate.csh file):

setenv CLHEP /usr/src/CLHEP

    if ( ${?LD_LIBRARY_PATH} ) then
      echo "Checking your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable..."
      echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH | grep ${CLHEP}/lib > /dev/null
      if ($status) then
        echo " ==> OK: ${CLHEP}/lib added to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
        setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:${CLHEP}/lib
      else
        echo " ==> OK: ${CLHEP}/lib is already in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
      endif
    else
      echo " ==> ${CLHEP}/lib added to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
      setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${CLHEP}/lib
    endif

Which, now that I am looking at the posts, this is what Ross is saying.
Let me know if this doesn't do it.  Just make sure you put this in your
environment variable file and source it before trying to compile GATE
again.

Ange