[gate-users] UMASS GATE INSTALL GUIDE

Mutanga Theodore muathe02 at student.umu.se
Sun Sep 19 03:15:18 CEST 2004

Hello there, thanks for the installation guide.

I have tried to follow it step by step but I'm afraid I still have some
major (??) problems.

I get the following errors when I try to install CLHEP:

[root at c169-69 CLHEP]# ./configure
checking for cl... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for xlC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... (cached) /lib/cpp
UNEXPECTED CHOISE OF C++ COMPILER:
SELECTED C++ COMPILER:
checking for fl32... no
checking for f77... no
checking for fort77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for g77... no
checking for f2c... no
checking for iostream.h... (cached) no
** Cannot find include files for C++ run time library. Please add
** the relevant directory to the TOPINCLUDES macro in the Makefile(s)
FORTRAN needs
UNEXPECTED CHOISE OF FORTRAN COMPILER:
SELECTED FORTRAN COMPILER: -g -c
checking for sin in -lm... (cached) no
checking for xdrmem_create in -lrpclib... (cached) no
checking for main in -lsun... (cached) no
checking for main in -lnsl... (cached) no
checking for less... (cached) less
checking for mkdirs... (cached) mkdir -p
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for std::stl ...      no
checking for std::io...        no
checking for std::ios_base...        no
checking for <iosfwd>...       no
checking for <sstream>...      no
checking for <strstream>...    no
checking for <strstream.h>...  no
checking for <cmath>...        no
checking for problem with const...   yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating Evaluator/Makefile
creating GenericFunctions/Makefile
creating Matrix/Makefile
creating HepPDT/Makefile
creating HepMC/Makefile
creating HepMC/include/Makefile
creating StdHep/Makefile
creating StdHep/include/Makefile
creating Vector/Makefile
creating Random/Makefile
creating RandomObjects/Makefile
creating test/Makefile
creating Units/Makefile
creating Utilities/Makefile
creating config/Makefile
creating Geometry/Makefile
creating config/Makefile.common
creating config/CLHEP-i686-pc-linux-gnu-.h
config/CLHEP-i686-pc-linux-gnu-.h is unchanged

AND

I can't run the CREATE commnad, don't know if Im on the righe shell.

Ill appreciate more comments and tips, I really have to get this GATE
working somehow.

Could anyone who has it installed tell me exactly what steps they took in
installing it, and also what OS they are using.

Thanks in advance