[gate-users] Binning sinograms by scatter?

Claude Comtat comtat at ieee.org
Mon Nov 29 19:14:48 CET 2004

Please see Christian Morel email:

 > The LMF version that is released on the web site does not allow to
 > handle the ST or LS geometry. It was originally developed for the
 > ClearPET listmode data format that needs only 16 bits to encode the
 >  position of the detectors. However, a new release of the LMF
 > format is in preparation to extend the position encoding to 32 or
 > 64 bits. Then it will be possible to encode larger designs. This
 > update is still under test and development in Lausanne and Orsay
 > and we will make it available as soon as possible, though this will
 >  not be possible before 2005.

For now, the default listmode format is root. Note that you can
deactivate some outputs in root to save space.

Regard,

Claude

evander at physics.ubc.ca wrote:

 > Thanks, Claude. I appreciate the fast response. I think modifing the
 >  source code may be the simplest way. I would like to do high
 > statistics studies and the root files will become too large too
 > quickly. Are there any plans to generalize the different outputs
 > (especially LMF) so that they are not so linked to the detector
 > geometry? I imagine list mode data would be useful to many GATE
 > users. Best Regards, Eric
 >
 > No, there is no option in the sinogram output of the ecat system to
select
 >  the events according to their interaction history. To do this, you
 >  have several possibilities:
 >
 > 1) as you mentionned, use the LMF output. However, the current
 > version of LMF was designed for the clearPET scanner and can handle
 >  only a limited set of geometries (please refer to Ch. Morel email
 > from yesterday).
 >
 > 2) you can use the root output, where this information is stored, and
write a root program (not very complicated) to select the events and

Claude Comtat					comtat at ieee.org
Image acquisition and processing group		tel: +33 1 69 86 77 02
Frédéric Joliot Hospital Facility		fax: +33 1 69 86 77 49
French Atomic Energy Commission 		www-dsv.cea.fr/shfj