[gate-users] Supported Scanners

Mutanga Theodore muathe02 at student.umu.se
Thu Nov 25 18:31:09 CET 2004

Greetings all,

Thanks for the contributions, from what I gather, I can model the DST or
DLS ( which is simillar to ADVANCE) using either ECAT or CYLINDRICALPET,
but preferably CYLINDRICALPET. The only problem would be a suitable output
sinogram for the system. Correct me if I am wrong.

Secondly, I am not really interested in using the GE software to
reconstruct the images, I am more interested in using STIR, so for now my
main problem is either rebinnig the 2D sinograms (.ima) I would obtain to
a format STIR can support or to convert the root coincidences to a format
stir can use. For the former case I am waiting for Sadek's code and for
the latter, I would like to get the files I need to modify to achieve
this.

Also Claude mentioned sending some files to modify to get a new system, I
will take that as a subsidiary task and do it later on, so I would like to
have the files Claude.

Sadek, you mentioned getting a preliminary image from from filling a 3D
histogram in root, how is that implemented ?

I have done some introductory programming in c,c++ but I was interested in
GATE mainly because it didn't require one to be able to program in C++,
but all the same I am willing to learn and it has been a great experience
for me exploring GATe.

Cheers to you all
Theo