[gate-users] splitting a GATE simulation by Activity (or TIME?)

Sophie Kerhoas skerhoas at cea.fr
Fri Nov 5 15:39:54 CET 2004

Hello Theo,

>  suppose I want to split it into two simulations ,
> what
> #	S T A R T
> /gate/application/setTimeSlice     120. s *
> /gate/application/setTimeStart     0.  s  *
> /gate/application/setTimeStop      240. s *
> /gate/application/startDAQ                *
> job1:
>  /gate/application/setTimeStart 0 s
>  /gate/application/setTimeStop 120 s
>
> job2
>  /gate/application/setTimeStart 120 s
>  /gate/application/setTimeStop 240 s
>
> Is the time slice the same ?
you don't care. The important thing is that the start time of the job(N)
is the time stop of the job(N-1)

> Would i have to modify other parameters like
> the randome number seed ?
It's better to change the seed for each job

> Is the number of runs equivalent to the number of histories ?

the number of run is defined by : Nrun=TimeStop-timeStart/timeslice
if you dont have mouvement in your simulation, you dont need to have
several runs, so you should define setTimeSlice=setTimeStop-setTimeStart
In each output of your jobs, you will have one run per root file.

> I will sure like to have  Dirks program to use for combining the root
> output files.

I attach the the file combine.C and a mail from Dirk which explain how t
use it.
> thanks for your help

hope that it will help you
bye