[gate-users] Image Reconstruction of Gate output

Mutanga Theodore muathe02 at student.umu.se
Sun Dec 26 15:57:41 CET 2004

Hello there,
              I was wondering if you could help me a bit more with
converting your code for the DST,

At this level, I modified the GEAdvance3D_Sinogram_Bin.c with the DST
parameters and all was ok, I got the output michelogramF.ima

Now, I dont know if I have to modify GateToStir.c also, ? if so what are
the places to modify ?

You also mentioned running fwdtest , I did that  and generated a .hs
header file which I later renamed to projections.hs . and I also changed
its input projection data to projections.stir.
I tried to run sensitivity and I got a segmentation fault.

I really don't know all the parts of your codes that need to be changed,
can you help me, if not I'd rather simulate another scanner, I was
thinking your code could do everything and give me an image for the DST
geometry.

******** example or projections.hs ******************

!INTERFILE  :=
name of data file := projections.stir
originating system := GE Discovery ST
!GENERAL DATA :=
!GENERAL IMAGE DATA :=
!type of data := PET
imagedata byte order := LITTLEENDIAN
!PET STUDY (General) :=
!PET data type := Emission
applied corrections := {arc correction}
!number format := float
!number of bytes per pixel := 4
number of dimensions := 4
matrix axis label [4] := segment
!matrix size [4] := 15
matrix axis label [3] := view
!matrix size [3] := 210
matrix axis label [2] := axial coordinate
!matrix size [2] := { 7,13,19,25,31,37,43,47,43,37,31,25,19,13,7}
matrix axis label [1] := tangential coordinate
!matrix size [1] := 249
minimum ring difference per segment := {
-22,-19,-16,-13,-10,-7,-4,-1,2,5,8,11,14,17,20}
maximum ring difference per segment := {
-20,-17,-14,-11,-8,-5,-2,1,4,7,10,13,16,19,22}
number of rings := 24
number of detectors per ring := 420
ring diameter (cm) := 90.3
distance between rings (cm) := 0.652916
bin size (cm) := 0.31695
number of blocks_per_bucket in axial direction := 4
number of blocks_per_bucket in transaxial direction := 2
number of crystals_per_block in axial direction := 6
number of crystals_per_block in transaxial direction := 6
number of detector layers := 1
image scaling factor[1] := 1
data offset in bytes[1] := 0
number of time frames := 1
!END OF INTERFILE :=

I am really stuck now with the DST geometry, I  wanted to get some images
so I could at least measure the spatial resolution from my simulation
results.

thanks
Theo