[gate-users] Windows OS

Nehmeh, Sadek/Medical Physics nehmehs at mskcc.org
Thu Dec 23 16:01:48 CET 2004

Dear Ashraf,

I have tested the Gate benchmart oncygwin, and run many simulations
before I figured out that in one of my simulations the results were not
consistant.  Also, and for a reason that I couldn't figure out, the
radioactive decay was not happening. Besides, running a simulation on
cygwin is about 4 to 5 times slower than running the same simulation on
RedHat. My advice for you is to forget cygwin. Good luck.

    Sadek

 Sadek A. Nehmeh, Ph.D.
 Assistant Attending Physicist
 Medical Physics Department