[gate-users] LFS for Linux

mr.long zhang mr.long.zhang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 14:59:10 CET 2004

Hi folks,

I happen to find some materials on Large File ( > 2GB) Support (LFS)
under Linux (esp. Redhat Linux, or SuSe Linux). It is from:
http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

Two points need attention for RedHat Users:
1. Linux has LFS (EXT2/3 up to 2048GB or 2TB).
2. To enable LFS, add macro -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 or getconf
LFS_CFLAGS when compiling

I haven't verified it yet because there is no enough free space on my
PC. If somebody interested, please inform me the result. Thx.

By the way, Sorry to Amarnath, for the misleading suggestion.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Regards,

Long