[gate-users] ring diameter

Claude Comtat comtat at ieee.org
Wed Dec 15 17:20:38 CET 2004

In the following exemple for the ECAT system (the exemple might have
inconsistancies), the diameter is 83.4 cm:

diameter = 2 * (427 - 30/2 + (30 - 20)/2)

that is the distance between the front face of two opposing crystals and
not opposing blocks. The calculation is based on the block and the
crystal element descriptions only. You can also have a look inside the code:

src/GateEcatSystem.cc, routine ComputeInternalRadius

Regards,

Claude

#     B L O C K
/gate/ecat/daughters/name block
/gate/ecat/daughters/insert box
/gate/block/placement/setTranslation 427.0 0.0 0.0 mm
/gate/block/geometry/setXLength 30.0 mm
/gate/block/geometry/setYLength 35.8594 mm
/gate/block/geometry/setZLength 38.7 mm
/gate/block/setMaterial Air
/gate/block/vis/forceWireframe

#
C R Y S T A L
/gate/block/daughters/name crystal
/gate/block/daughters/insert box
/gate/crystal/geometry/setXLength 20.0 mm
/gate/crystal/geometry/setYLength 4.4 mm
/gate/crystal/geometry/setZLength 4.75 mm
/gate/crystal/setMaterial BGO
/gate/crystal/vis/setColor yellow