[gate-users] Gate LMF-Sinogram (ECAT7) patch

Schmidtlein, Ross/Medical Physics schmidtr at mskcc.org
Fri Aug 13 21:00:39 CEST 2004

Hi Long,

I've been listening to the discussions surrounding your implementation
of sinogram output for cylindrical PET, and I am very interested in
seeing you produce these additions.  It is my impression that you're
using Claude's coincidence position binning strategy.  This strategy
works very well for uniformly spaced detectors, but if the detectors are
not uniformly spaced, the sinograms may be incorrect.  Non-uniform
detector spacing is one of the advantages that the "Cylindrical PET"
system has over the "ECAT System".  The logical volume ID's can be used
to avoid this problem.  I have some code that is fairly general that
does this.  I'd be more than happy to send it if you think it will help.

I've glanced through your code and it looks like you have done a really
nice job. ;)

Cheers,

ross